Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sticky sausage traybake

Minimum washing up, maximum feel good factor.  Lovely for cold nights, this is the sort of food you want to eat when you've been tramping around in leaves like you're in a Boden photoshoot.  Or possibly just doing parents evening and school run, as per my afternoon...

It's roughly based on a recipe I saw in Tesco magazine, but has been fiddled with sufficiently that I'm happy to claim it for my own.  Which is a good job, given that I now cant find the magazine anyway.  I can't leave a recipe alone, I have to fiddle, I think it's actually a medical condition.  Cooking something exactly as it's described in a recipe would be my challenge task on I'm A Frazzled Mum... Actually I Think I'll Stay Here, It's Peaceful.

I'm not going to give quantities.  You're all big and ugly enough to judge how many sausages and chunks of root veg you are capable of eating.

Sticky sausage traybake

Good quality sausages
Selection of root veg, trimmed, peeled if needed, and chunked.  Suggest sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, peppers, white potatoes, butternut squash - whaever you have in/like/need to use up
A red onion, cut into chunky slices
Some red/orange/yellow peppers, if liked, cut into chunks
Oil

Dressing:
3tsp clear honey
6 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp apple juice
1 tsp garlic puree
pinch of dried chilli flakes
tsp smoked paprika

Heat a splosh of oil in a baking tray. Add root veg, pop into the oven (190 degrees) for 25 minutes.

Remove, pop in peppers and sausages and return to the oven for 20 minutes. 

Remove, splash dressing all over, return to oven for 5-10 minutes until sticky.  Remove, stir, serve.  Put some water in the tray and leave it to soak.  The washing up can wait...




No comments:

Post a Comment